RC-Animal Chamber® DOG
Inhalation therapy for dogs with chronic pulmonary disease
In human medicine, the treatment of respiratory diseases with metered-dose inhalers has long been a common practice. The advantages of drug inhalation are evident, especially when compared to the earlier customary administration of drugs in the form of tablets or injections:
- The active agent travels deeply into the respiratory tract
- The drug works directly at the location of illness (the lungs)
- Cortisone can be dispensed at lower doses when using metered-dose inhalers
- The serious side effects of cortisone shots or tablets are no longer a concern
Mode of action of the drug inhalation
With local application, the active agent is carried through the respiration directly to its intended destination, where it can take better effect.
When is inhalation therapy helpful for dogs?
Inhalation therapy is used for dogs with chronic respiratory diseases. Among these, chronic bronchitis is by far the most common illness. Symptoms range from regular coughing episodes to attacks of shortness of breath.
However, the diagnosis of chronic bronchitis should not be readily made by laypersons. We recommend instead that you discuss the use of inhalation therapy with your veterinarian!
Which medication is right?
Metered-dose inhalers for therapy of chronic respiratory diseases are available as human preparations. These include drugs containing cortisone (e.g. Flutide) that work as anti-inflammatories, and bronchodilators (e.g. Sultanol) that work by dilating the bronchi. There are also preparations that combine both types of active agents.
All common metered-dose inhalers are fundamentally compatible with the RC-Animal Chamber® DOG. However, we do not recommend the use of any specific medication. You should talk with your veterinarian about the therapy for your dog!
At present, there are no medication sprays on the market with veterinarian approval. Therefore, in order to be used on animals, a reclassification of human drugs is required. Talk to your veterinarian about your medication options!
RC-Animal Chamber® DOG product features
- Extra soft silicone masks
– airtight seal when they are put on
– transparent design takes away the fear of inhalation
- Variable mask system
– masks available in different sizes
- Valve system
– optical inhalation control indicates when the pet has inhaled the active agent
– prevents rebreathing in the chamber
- Transparent chamber
– you can see foreign particles and impurities before the pet breathes in
- Universal adapter
– compatible with all metered-dose inhalers
- Reliable cleaning
– in boiling water or using the RC-Clean® cleaning bag for the microwave. Cleaning in the dishwasher is possible, but we do not recommend it because of the residues.
The RC-Animal Chamber® family is available online and in select veterinary practices.
RC-Animal Chamber® DOG | Article No. 2030
RC-Animal Chamber® Mask size M | Article No. 2031
How can we help?
Please contact us: Mondays to Thursdays from 9 to 12 h and 14 to 16 h. Fridays from 9 h to 14 h, German time.